Friday, June 3, 2011

A New Artistic Venture

I have been intrigued by the digital art journal movement for some time but haven't quite jumped in.  I have decided to let my heart speak freely using this avenue of expression.  The layouts I create will go in this blog.  Please excuse my early attempts at this form of art + journaling and bear with me as I let my style evolve.  Given I tend towards the eclectic, I suspect that is how I will venture.  Journaling has never been my forte, so hopefully that too will grow and improve.  I have a lot to express and hope God grants me the time to enjoy the process.  My hopes are that I will be able to share much of what I am thinking, believe, feel, enjoy with my sons through these pages.  This is not only for me but especially for them.  Love you guys!

These first attempts are a result of the encouragement provided by Tangie Baxter at Scrapbookgraphics.  She is the "tour guide" on an Art Journal Caravan!  In reality she is a fabulous artist and digital art designer.  Her prompts and inspiring designs are what have captivated me.

My first two pages are 8x8 but then I decided to go 8x11.5...a bit more space and a different format than I am accustomed to.  So without further ado here are my first art journal pages. (nervous laughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment