Saturday, August 27, 2011

Self-Portrait 2011

This was such a difficult page to put together!  Although I feel I am a confidant and strong woman, when it comes to letting people take photos of me, I am reluctant.  I know it is pure vanity.  But because of this, I don't have any recent photos of myself that I like.  So the focus of this page shifted to what I often focus on these days when I look in the mirror...my lack of hair.  It doesn't define who I am but to many people my hair was an important identifier!  My thick, curly black hair was an important part of my physical identity...something everyone complemented.  Today, people often don't recognize me, will walk right by me unless I stop them.  The wig or scarf throws most people off unless they recognize my smile but that's another story.  Here is the page that evolved from the Art Journal Caravan's August adventure quest.  It will be a book of self-portraits of all the caravaners that participate...can't wait to see it!  Anyway here is my self-portrait...for today.

1 comment: