Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scotland

I feel at home in Scotland.  Don't know why...must have lived there in another life.  Maybe it's because Jean and Graham have always made me feel like family, welcoming me with open arms and hearts full of care.  They have extended this love to you guys, something for which I will forever be grateful.  This page only begins (and I mean tip of the iceberg) to express how I feel about Scotland and her people.  It has a special photo of your great-grandfather with his second wife.  I have also included a photo of the four of us...many years ago.  There are bits that hold special significance such as the Anderson tartan, Edinburgh Castle, the cup of tea and the heilan coo.  "Lang may yer lum reek" literally translated into English means "long may your chimney smoke".  Of course, it really means "may you live long and stay well" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment